The Common Black College Application HBCU Talent Search (HTS) has been developed as a platform to showcase band, choral and gospel choir high school / transfer students interested in attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities. The HTS will give students the opportunity to perform in front of Directors and their staff from HBCUs nationwide. This exposure can possibly lead to partial or full scholarships.
The Common Black College Application fee will be reduced to $20 for those students that submit a performance and it is approved by the HTS committee to upload to the HTS website.
If you are interested in having your audition video uploaded to our HTS page here are the instructions:
1) You can perform a selection, or selections, totaling no more than 3 minutes in length, plus a two-octave scale of your choice.
2) Take the first few minutes to introduce yourself including your name, high school, your grade and the selection you will be performing. (If you are playing an instrument, please let us know if you read music.)
3) Email your video to email@example.com. Once your video has been uploaded to the HTS website you will be notified. (Please allow 5 business days to upload your video.)
4) If you do not receive a notification from us within five business days, unfortunately your performance was not recommended by our committee to be uploaded to the HTS website. (The committee includes former and current band, choral and gospel choir members and directors from HBCUs.)
5) Your file should not be more than 50 megs.
By submitting your video to the Common Black College Application HBCU Talent Search, you give permission to the Common Black College Application to post your performance on our website and social media pages including Youtube. Once your video has been submitted to the Common Black College Application, it becomes the property of the Common Black College Application and will not be returned.
Senior – Percussion
Clifton Dale High School
Senior – Baritone
Allendale-Fairfax High School
Senior – Percussion
James Madison High School
Senior – Choir
McDonough 35 High School
New Orleans, LA