The Common Black College Application (CBCA) allows students to apply to all CBCA Member Institutions at the same time. The completion of the CBCA significantly increases the educational options of students by allowing them to receive acceptance letters, financial aid packages and scholarship offers from several different colleges. To date, over 150,000 students have completed the CBCA. The following is a draft of how the CBCA can be used with Sigma Beta Clubs nationally.
1) The CBCA allows students to apply to all Common Black College Application HBCU Member Institutions at the same time. 2) The completion of the CBCA significantly increases the educational options of students by allowing them to receive acceptance letters, financial aid packages and scholarship offers from several different colleges. 3) To date, over 150,000 students have completed the CBCA. 4) We can help Chapters identify students in different schools and school districts throughout the country. 5) Chapters are able to Sponsor 50 students for $750 and $10 for each additional student up to 100.
6) After the first 100 student applications have been completed, you have the option of either purchasing additional applications as detailed previously in step 5, or sponsoring an unlimited number of student applications for $20 per student.
Directions for your Chapter to receive a Promo Code and begin to use the Common Black College Application.
1) Click on this link to complete a short Promo Code Request Form and fax it to the CBCA office at (404) 745-0124. 2) Select the number of students you will be Sponsoring. 3) Once the Request For Services Form is received in our office, we will respond with an invoice reflecting the number of students you will be Sponsoring and a Promo Code specifically for your Chapter.
– Students will be able to complete the CBCA for free with the Promo Code.
– The Promo Code can be distributed to individual students and entire high schools.
– The Promo Code will be active for two academic years or until the number of students sponsored by the Chapter has been reached. 4) The Promo Code will be used to track students and provide to your Chapter the following reports.
– The number of students that have completed the CBCA and from what high schools.
– The number of students that have uploaded their test scores and had their School Counselor upload their transcript. (This is important data for advisement purposes.)
– The number of college acceptances individual students have received. (Data collected using student surveys.) – The number of scholarships individual students have received. (Data collected using student surveys.) – This data can be used to complete your reports to the International Headquarters.
The Chapter that Sponsors the most students in each of the three categories small, medium and large as defined by the International Headquarters will be photographed and the picture will be included a press release that will be sent to local, regional and national news media outlets.
All Chapters that sponsor at least 50 students will be listed on the Common Black College Application website and awarded with a plaque recognizing the accomplishment.